Friday, June 29, 2007

FARANG RESTAURANT REVIEW: BAAN KLANG NUM II


Baan Klang Num II (which means "House in the Middle of the Water II" ) is a popular seafood restaurant with the locals here in Bangkok. It is a bit off the beaten path (on Rama III Road) and therefore not too well known with expats. It is situated on the Chao Phraya River, but further down from famous places like the Grand Palace and Wat Arun.

Recently, we went there with a bunch of friends and had a great time. We had a table right on the River and it was a pleasant, breezy evening and thankfully not as hot and humid as usual.


I don't really care for regular fish, but from what I was told, the river bass was excellent that night.


I do like shellfish and really enjoyed the giant prawns...

However, there wasn't anything really special about the radish carved into the shape of a swan...


One unique item (at least for me) that they had on the menu was ostrich. I never had ostrich before and couldn't pass up the opportunity to at least try it. I'm happy to report that it was delicious.


The combination of a relaxed atmosphere and great food makes Baan Klang Num II an excellent place to hang out with your pals while enjoying a fine meal.

For this reason, I'm dedicating this blog entry to all of the friends I've made here in Bangkok (including those not pictured). Thanks for making this past year a memorable one.

1 comment:

Andi said...

Happy Thai Anniversary to you and your family. I'm so glad to see that all is going well for everyone over there. My girlfriend just returned from Thailand last week along with some interesting stories (much like what you have documented in your blog).

Things are going well over here. I still hear from Pam, Chip and Harvey on occasion. Harvey is the same :)

Keep up the great writing on your blog. I always enjoy reading your latest venture.