Friday, June 22, 2007

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO ME

Today (June 22), marks the one-year anniversary of our arrival in Bangkok. Sometimes, it seems like we've been here forever. Others, it feels like the time has just flown by.

To commemorate this momentous occasion, I am posting a bunch of random family images that never really fit into my standard blog entries (the pics don't match the text).


It's kind of weird to think that it's been a whole year since I've set foot on American soil. At times when going through something like this, you kind of step back and think about the daily routines and simple things in life that you take for granted.

With that in mind, it's been one year since I've:

Seen my parents, sister, family and friends.

Worked for "The Man."

Used a garbage disposal.

Seen real snow.

Worn a long-sleeve casual shirt, sweater or outdoor jacket (I've had to put on a dress shirt and suit coat only a handful of times here).

Done yard work.

Driven a car in actual traffic.

Had to turn the heat on at home or use the fireplace.

Watched the Red Wings or Lions on TV.

Pumped gas.


Eaten at Taco Bell, White Castle, Arbys and Wendys.

Swam in a lake.

Attended a sporting event.

Went a day without sweating profusely.

Watched "The Daily Show with John Stewart."

Had to carry around a set of keys.


Celebrated Thanksgiving or Easter (we kind of skipped those holidays last year).

Played poker.

Drank water from the tap.


Gone a whole day without realizing how truly lucky my family and I are to have this experience.

No comments: