Wednesday, October 11, 2006

FARANG RESTAURANT REVIEW: NAMI



Located inside the downtown JW Marriott hotel, Nami is an upscale Japanese teppanyaki restaurant. Right next to it is a companion eatery called Tsu, which is a fancy sit-down place. When you put the two names together it spells tsunami - get it? I'm not sure if that's the most politically correct name around here considering the recent natural disaster, but I won't hold that against them because the food and service was so great.



The whole point in going to a teppanyaki restaurant is watching the food being cooked on a grill right in front of you. It is really entertaining if the chef goes out of his way to make a show out of the whole presentation. Our chef (Khun Viyakorn) had an excellent personality and was great juggling salt shakers, eggs and other objects.







The food was fantastic, as it should be for the prices on the menu. I decided to splurge and order lobster with prawns and that was priced at nearly $50 US. Luckily, I was dining with my friend Greg and his trusty Marriott Rewards Card which cut the bill in half. (Thanks Greg!)



If you want Japanese food in Bangkok, Nami is definately a place to consider. I'm sure I'll try Tsu one of these days, but for now Nami is at the top of my list.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

On Dec 2004, a few days before 'Tsunami disaster', I went to this restaurant and it named 'Tsunami'!