Friday, October 13, 2006

WHY I CAN'T GET AN ADVERTISING JOB IN BANGKOK

I've been here nearly four months and still have not found steady work. I've gotten a few freelance assignments and have donated my writing and editing services as well, but I haven't been able to get back into advertising. I've made a few contacts and friends in the field, so hopefully something will happen one of these days. I just thought that a 15-year career crafting ads in Detroit would be more beneficial than it has. Silly me.

While walking around the other day I saw this sign in front of a store and the reasons for my struggles suddenly started to come into focus.



With such stimulating visuals, there really isn't a need for any copywriting. Sure, it has a simple headline (or tagline): "Most Secret & Beautiful" and after that, what more can you say? Everything about this store is crystal clear. There's really no need for clever worldplay or the hint of an idea.

With that being said, if someone here can help me get my foot in the door at a local ad agency, I would be forever grateful - or at least grateful for the next three years or so that I'm here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I guess you should of stuck to your art director roots.

I wonder if the artist had live models to work from.

jason